Canada Border Crossing Services

Any non-Canadian who possesses a criminal record may not be allowed into Canada. A Permit is required to be approved before traveling. Even a DUI conviction may prevent passage into Canada.

A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is valid for business and/or pleasure for a restricted period of time. This is usually one or two years in duration. The temporary resident permit is usually awarded to those whose offences are less than 5 years from the expiration of the sentence. This application can take up to 12 months to process and is valid for multiple entries into Canada.

Rehabilitation is awarded to those who have completed their criminal sentence more than 5 years ago. This is a permanent approval valid for business or pleasure and never needs to be renewed. This application may take 4 – 10 months to complete and is valid providing the applicant does not re-offend.

Anyone having only one misdemeanor, and no other offences of any kind, and completed their sentence more than 10 years, likely does not require a permit.

Canada Border Crossing Services offers thorough assessments, professional service, affordable rates, and a timely turnaround.

We are experienced in handling criminal offences such as:

  • Theft
  • Assault
  • Impaired Driving
  • Fraud
  • False Pretenses
  • Narcotics
  • Robbery
  • Break and Enter
  • Bad Cheques
  • Mischief
  • Possession of Stolen Goods
  • Larceny
  • Burglary
  • Possession of Weapons
  • Auto Theft
  • and many others …

Temporary Immigration

For information on temporary immigration services, including work and study, please click the following link: Temporary Immigration.pdf.